Monday, May 31, 2010

Why Gisele Bundchen Is So Annoying

I appreciate a beautiful, strong woman. But when they say stupid things that insult us plain Janes, I get annoyed. Really annoyed. Here is a collection of quotes from one of the most stuck-up moms in Hollywood, Gisele Bundchen.

On education:
"I think it's better when you're natural, when you just do whatever you want, instead of doing classes where I see all these other people holding back because they've been trained with certain skills or techniques. I'm like, whatever."
'Atta girl. Let's celebrate the education of women and a great work ethic, and congratulate the hard work of your fellow females as they work to better themselves.

On her own body during pregnancy:
"I want to have lots of children... It doesn't matter if my body changes. It is the most marvelous thing. For example, they sometimes say that your breasts begin to sag, but I couldn't care less."
Not to toot her own horn, but her pregnant body is the "most marvelous thing." Never mind us pregnant mortals who have the the swollen ankles, backaches, sudden acne, and muscle strain. Gisele's body is mah-velous... simply mah-velous.

On gaining weight during pregnancy:
"I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals. I was mindful about what I ate, and I gained only 30 pounds."
She has been quoted several times as bragging about her weight gain (or lack thereof) during her pregnancy. Every magazine I read has a quote of her touting how easy it is to stay so thin while you are pregnant. As a fellow pregnant garbage disposal, I take offense at this. It must be so easy to stay skinny... when you have a personal trainer and a nutritionist.

About giving birth:
"I gave birth in the bathtub," she claimed, referring to the Boston penthouse she shares with husband Tom Brady. Although, initial reports had suggested that her son's December 2009 birth took place at a Boston-area hospital. But, wait, it gets better...

"I wanted to be conscious and present for what was happening... I didn't want to be anesthetized. I wanted to feel."
Huh. I didn't know they gave out a Mother of the Year Award for "Able to Endure Excruciating Pain Unnecessarily." I wonder if she'd like to "feel" my labor, because I sure as Hell don't.

Again, about giving birth (and probably my favorite quote from Gisele):
"It wasn't painful, not even a little bit."
Forget Mother of the Year. Call the Pope! This one's going for sainthood!

And just in case we forgot, she has been quoted several times as saying:
"I didn't gain a lot of weight in my pregnancy."
Yeah, because we didn't hear you the first eighteen times.

And lastly, to brag even more about the glorious, pain-free, exhilarating feeling of labor:
"The next day, I was walking, I was washing dishes, I was making pancakes in the kitchen."
I hope her baby has three heads and colic.

17 comments:

mommy dear said...

Oh, yeah... that's ANNOYING!! She sounds so full of herself.

jessica said...

LOL!! "I hope her baby has three heads and colic." Right on!!

Anonymous said...

THANK you! I was beginning to think I was the only one who wanted to scream everytime this airhead opened her mouth. She acts like she's the only woman to ever give birth...correction...the only one to ever do it right, I should say. First of all(on her not gaining a sig amount of weight)she's 6 ft tall!!! She would have had to gain 75 pounds before it would have shown. And your right about the personal trainer and such. How dare her preach to the rest of womankind on how much EVERYTHING she is than the rest of us. Most of us have to work at demanding(and sometimes demeaning as well)jobs, run our households, take care of other children, not to mention worry about things like bills(which she probably never sees much less worry about)while we are pregnant. So please forgive us Saint Gisele if we pig out while we're pregnant, use pain medicine to relieve long labor pains, and (gasp!)have our children in a hospital...we're just mere mortals, unlike you. Oh and btw...she is a liar and insane if she thinks we actually believe that she is the only woman to ever give birth naturally AND felt not so much as a twinge. NO WAY...and shame on her for lying. I cannot stand this person. Never could.

Anonymous said...

sorry that her life is lived through huge Vogue interviews. she is just being asked questions. she cant please everyone with her answers I suppose, but I love her personality and answers in interviews! I have seen many mom blogs and websites and they majority love her for what she syas. I think its the young girls who already just dont like her who are having a problem with her interviews, lol. and the eating anything while preggers I couldnt agree more with. I have more respect for her, watching and knowing what she was putting in her body for , not herself, but for her baby. whereas some d list celeb such as Kendra Wilkenson grosses me out seeing what she eats. and you see who has the better post baby bod...mmm hmm. I respect hard workers. not lazy asses

marisa said...

My biggest pet peeve is mothers who think that just because they did it naturally they are saints. What's wrong with using what technology and science can provide to make birthing easier? Your baby isn't smarter or better just because you sat through every labor pain.

Besides, she's a fricken Victoria Secret model. She has trainers, nutritionists, and endless accessibility to cocaine to keep herself skinny. We normal people (a.k.a. "the garbage disposals") will just have to do it the hard way.

Agrees With Pixie said...

I don't think it's annoying that she had such an easy pregnancy and labor. It's annoying that she is constantly bragging about it. Do we really want to know how few pounds she gained, or that labor was painless? Not when so many women have difficult and painful pregancies and deliveries, NO. It's just bad PR for her to run her mouth off about it.

Anonymous said...

She has got to be the (or one of the most) most annoying supermodel. Even Adriana Lima/ Alessandra Ambrosio/Heidi Klum didn't do that.

Anonymous said...

Lol it's so funny, ur so bitter!!! I respect how she approached pregnancy. She worked really hard at eating healthy for herself and her baby. And then exercising and doing yoga to prepare herself for birth. Instead of drugging herself out during labor she bucked up and did it, pain or not. (Plus there's proof that women who eat lots of fruits and veggies during pregnancy and exercise have much easier deliveries.)

She did the hard work and recognized the beauty in natural childbirth. Just because you slacked off for 9 months and then got all drugged up to pop the thing out and now you're feeling really shitty and probably nowhere near your prepregnancy weight, don't go crucifying the ones who didn't follow your path.

pixie said...

Oh how I love my Gisele Supporters! They prove my point so well, even two years after writing this! Thank you for strengthening my blog with your comments!

Rawmama says, "Just because you slacked off for 9 months and then got all drugged up to pop the thing out and now you're feeling really shitty and probably nowhere near your prepregnancy weight..."

Did I say that? Interesting... you seem to assume a lot about my pregnancy experience.

The point of this article is not to "go crucifying the ones who didn't follow [my] path." In actuality, that is exactly what Gisele is doing. And what you are doing.

Instead of acknowledging the challenges of pregnancy, labor, and delivery, Gisele (and her supporters) are concentrating on the way a woman looks or acts afterwards. Who cares if you've put on a few pounds? Who cares if you're tired and need a few days (weeks, months, years...) to recover? You had a BABY. This is an amazing accomplishment for any woman to do. It should be celebrated, and congratulated, without counting pounds or calories. Let's revel in the wonderous achievement that only women can do, with mutual respect and admiration.

Thanks again for your comments, and keep 'em coming!

Roxanne Lee said...

What everyone needs to realize is that Gisele is a stuck-up bitch! End of discussion.

babykoui said...

First off, I don't even like or no much about gisele. I stumbled across this. She doesnt even sound cocky! When she says she doesnt care about her body because its marvelous, she is talking about creating life u idiot, not her body. And talking about garbage disposals, she is right. U are only suppose to gain like 30 lbs!! More than that is someone using pregnancy as an excuse to eat ice cream and chicken nuggets at 3 am . It was easy for her to lose the weight cuz all she gained was baby weight and not excess fat like u. And , she stayed active instead of moaning on the couch like u. Just because she wanted to feel her pregnancy, doesn't mean she is bad mouthing everyone else. Her baby, her body, her choice. I bet if this was anyone else but a skinny pretty super model, u wouldn't be complaining. U make urself look like a jealous hater to anyone who reads this with a brain.

pixie said...

I love how this post is still generating comments!

But I'm sorry, babykoui... I just don't see your point. With all the "U" and "urself" and "cuz," I'm just not sure how you know what "anyone who reads this with a brain" would be thinking. Like you so eloquently stated, you don't "no" much about Gisele. I'm wondering what it is you do KNOW.

Elena said...

I love how all the Gisele Supporters are stupid. Do they even READ the blog post before jumping to her defense? This is not about how much weight she gained or whether or not she had the epidural, it's about Gisele's attitude about it! READ, people! And learn to spell while you're at it!

Leavingonajetplane said...

to babykoui-did you go to school? The word you want is "know", not "no". Of course, you're (not your) a Gisele supporter. Enough said.

Maura said...

Loved your post and couldn't have said it better myself, or with such good humor. And I also noticed that most of Gisele's supporters lack basic reading comprehension and critical analysis skills, not to mention woeful spelling and grammar. Maybe they should spend more time studying and less time watching Victoria Secret fashion shows.
Incidentally, Gisele's beauty is as overrated as her own flawless opinion of herself. Sure, she's beautiful. But the most beautiful in the world deserving of millions of dollars a year? Another one of life's mysteries I'll never understand. She's everyday pretty, not extraordinary. I see women more beautiful than her every single day at the grocery store, the gym, at work, and at my kids' sporting events.

Unknown said...


Thank you for this post. Keep it up. Hope to read more post from you guys.

Kish
www.gofastek.com

NM said...

Another self centered horse faced model. Too bad her daughter looks just like her!