Monday, October 15, 2007

Dinner Table Topics

Set the table for another set of Dinner Table Topics! Put your forks down for a second and chew on these:

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie announced that they are ready to have even more children. That would make them the parents of 5, count 'em, five children. Sure, I would have 5 children too... if I already had two nannies, a personal trainer, a housekeeper, an agent, and a publicist. Piece o' cake.

Flu season is coming! And it looks like it's recommended that basically everyone should get a flu shot. Personally, the kids and I all got the flu shot last year. Everyone in Volcano's class last year (including the teacher) got sick... except for him. Monkey and Volcano were both a little cranky for about 2 or 3 days after, but I think it was worth it for them not to get sick. And who knows? That could've just been because kids get cranky.

And lastly, Halloween is upon us. The kids already know what they're going to be. Monkey, who is always simple, wants to be Cinderella. Volcano, on the other hand, likes to challenge me. This year he wants to be Larry from Night at the Museum. Luckily, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, and his costume is already done. (Yay, me!)

Of course, I would love to hear what your kids are going to be. But I also want to know: do you still dress up? I personally haven't dressed up for Halloween since I quit my career to become a full-time mom. And I miss it!

Let me know!

2 comments:

marisa said...

Last year a co-worker dressed up as the Empire State Building and had her toddler dressed like a gorilla, carrying a Barbie doll. I thought it was the cutest thing.

pixie said...

Very cute idea!