A couple of years ago I wrote a post about my Mommy Exercise Plan, filled with daily parenting activities that make us moms break out in a sweat and raise our heartbeats. Whether or not they actually burn calories is debatable, but I think they should, anyway. And now that I'm pregnant, I decided to write a list especially for us expecting mommies.
- Tie your shoes.
- Apply lipstick.
- Walk up and down the aisles at Wal-Mart.
- Walk up the stairs in your own house.
- Stir a pot of soup on the stove.
- Bend down to pick up anything.
- Get in the car and buckle your seat belt.
- Get up to answer the phone.
- Get up to do anything.
- Open the back door to let the dog out.
- Sweep the floor. Or, (for more a more advanced workout) vacuum.
- Make your bed.
And, for the most well-trained, experienced athletes only:
*******Change the sheets on the upper bunk of a set of bunk beds.*********
I myself have performed all of the above activities and can therefore attest that they will get a pregnant woman sweating and her heart pumping! And, if they technically don't "burn calories" or "increase stamina" or any of those other supposed "benefits" of exercise, they sure wipe me out!
Did I leave any out?