Sunday, May 6, 2007

Let Me Introduce You...

I have two children that are vital subjects in my discussions here. This post is a handy reference tool if a situation arises that may leave you confused (or ready to scream into a pillow -- or is that just me?).

The first child, a son, is Volcano, who is 4. My dear Hubby came up with this name. As his name suggests, he is often dormant: quiet, lovable, often hilarious, and all around great to be with. But, almost as often, he is unpredictably explosive, prone to bouts of hysteria and nonsensical screaming. Then, he is calm again, like a beautiful piece of scenery, wondering why everyone is staring at him as they are covered in black ash. As I said, he's 4.

Then there is Monkey, my daughter, who is 2. Born on Christmas, she is certainly a gift. Lovable and hilarious as well, she -- unlike Volcano -- is never quiet. She enjoys climbing, jumping, singing, running... did I mention climbing? She loves talking loudly, especially in church, the library, or a monastery that has taken a vow of silence. She, I'm afraid, is the rebel. And she's only 2.

Despite what I say here (or what I feel most of the time), I love these little Gremlins. They are not just my job, but my Life. I love them with all my heart and soul, and I would do anything for them.

So please forgive me (and them) if I express our adventures here in a negative way. It is not because I don't love them. On the contrary, it is because I do. I wouldn't live my Life any other way.

No comments: